Thursday, June 25, 2009

#23 MISSION 2

Alright guys so the Fiesta journey continues with this month being technology month.  I just posted my Fiesta Movement: Mission 2 which was to go 24 hours without technology.  CRAZYYY!  It's funny how dependent we all have become to our phones and computers.  It killed me not being able to check for emails or text messages!  This video is pretty fun and contains air guitar :)  Just a forewarning!  

Please watch it and if you could leave a comment and rating on Youtube that would be very helpful to boost my points.  Thank you!


I know that a lot of Ford employed people read my blog and want to know more about what I think about the car.  I would be happy to share my thoughts with you right now!

The car is super tiny and compact which makes it very easy to fit into tight parking spaces (especially living in LA where everything is parallel parking).  It is 40 miles to the gallon - insert gasp - everyone I tell that to always has a jaw drop or eye pop.  This is very awesome because I literally only have to stop and get gas once a month if I don't take a long trip somewhere.  I think this is amazing with gas prices the way they are.  The automotive industry needs to start taking these steps to help the economy and spare our precious natural resources.  

The stereo system in the Fiesta is fantastic!  I get to plug in my Ipod directly with only one cord.  This way I get to use my Ipod and still have the cigarette lighter outlet to plug in my phone charger or GPS.  This is a feature I'm fond of.  I am also very grateful that the car has blue tooth connection through the car.  It is illegal to drive while on the phone in LA so blue tooth capability is very important.


Another very cool feature is the rearview mirror... I know this might be confusing cause what could be cool about the rearview mirror?  Don't you hate it when you're driving at night and the person behind you has really bright headlights so it blinds you when you look in the rearview mirror?  Well the Fiesta's rearview mirror gets a special tint at night that drastically reduces the blinding light from other headlights - it creates a greenish tint.  It's a great, great feature that could prevent a lot of accidents.

The car also has automated window wipers that was convenient so you don't have to keep turning the speed up and down.  This was helpful while driving through rainy Seattle that chose to rain and stop every other minute!  Another cool feature is that the gas tank is cap-less.  There is a tiny little flap in the gas tank opening that lets the nozzle enter, but let no gas escape.  As I was writing about this car feature I asked my roommates what they thought the technical names were for the opening of the gas tank... and somehow we got to talking about male parts entering the female parts - I don't even know!  I thought it was funny and, as inappropriate as that is for this blog, I thought I'd share!

There isn't much about the car that I do not like, but I can list just a couple changes I would make.  I wish it wasn't turn knobs that adjusted the driver's and passenger seats.  They are hard to easily turn while driving.  I also think that the car needs arm rests and the handles that people can grab when they need to hold on - aka "Oh shit handles."  I think that those would be some good additions to the car.  If I think of anything else I will let you know!  But that's it for now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment