Friday, July 10, 2009

#24 EMPLOYED!

Hello, hello! I just thought I'd mention that this is blog #24, and for all of you who know me, that is my favorite number! Which means this blog has to be a good one! Luckily, I have good news to report... I HAVE A JOB!!! Yes, a paying job. Mind blowing I know! I just started at a post production company called Lit Post. We just declared my title as Executive Assistant. How legit is that?! I am very excited about joining the Lit team because they are starting to bring in some big projects. This is a company that I can grow with and learn from. I hope it brings about some great opportunities!

So yesterday I attended the PGA screening of Bruno. I thought it was a pretty funny movie. I think the best part of his movies is when he finds real people to make absolute fools out of themselves. I love when his character makes people uncomfortable. It is definitely a crack up. They whole time they make these movies they must be thinking "how can we stretch the limits." I can't believe he survives to live another day after his stunts. Sasha can stay in character like no other actor. He is like 4 totally different people! It brings a whole new meaning to multi-personality disorder. But I do not recommend this movie if you are afraid of naked men.


OH! The most exciting thing happened a couple days ago... ENTOURAGE WAS FILMING IN MY APARTMENT BUILDING!!! My complex is only 2 stories and I guess the location scout was looking for a building with an oldstyle courtyard. My building has a pool right in the middle of the complex. As the location scout noticed, my place is great for a party! So they chose the apartment right below mine to shoot in. They needed a bedroom that faced the courtyard so they could film in the bedroom but still see the party going on in the background. It would have been our apartment if they needed it on the second floor! Dang! It is actually going to be one of Turtle's scenes and they are in a girl's bedroom. It was so awesome to see the Entourage magic happen right out my window!

A couple weeks ago, when Tranformers came out, my friend Alex won tickets for the Linkin Park concert after the premiere. So he was nice enough to take me and I got to see a live performance from the band right after the highly anticipated premiere. They played the song they wrote specifically for Transformers called "What I've Done." Linkin Park is amazing in concert and I will continue to see them over and over. My friend Alex is an incredible photographer and he was also kind enough to help my friend Jessica and I with a photoshoot. Jessica was in town from Michigan and she is an extraordinary fashion designer. She brought two outfits and gorgeous jewelry that she created for this fashion shoot. The pictures are turning out gorgeous and Alex had a great eye to capture the light on the outfits.


I can't end this blog entry without talking about my Vegas trip! My chicago girls planned a trip to Vegas and they were not going to take 'no' for an answer from me. So Hilary and I headed to Vegas for a crazy weekend. We stayed in the Sahara the first night, which wasn't the best of hotels but it served its purpose. Hilary and I saw the Pirate show outside Treasure Island which I recommend. Then we were VIP status at the club - like we would be anything but! We got asked if we wanted to dance up on stage (I won't mention the stripper pole, oops). Then we went to Outback at midnight and, yes I ordered the steak! So good! We met up with Brittney, Ashley, and Shannon at the Palms. We were walking double fisted down the strip - mind you it was over 100 degrees there all weekend! We needed some air conditioning so we ventured in to MGM and Ashley won 60 buckaroos on the slots! First timers always have beginner's luck! Then we went out that night and soaked in the pool the next morning. All in all a great trip and I miss my chi-town girls already.

This week I am focused on figuring out my next Fiesta Mission for Fashion month. My mission is to buy clothes that match my car and put on a fashion show! So I am going shopping this weekend and trying to find the perfect place to stage this show! Let me know if you have any ideas! I'm going to need a lot of help to pull this off! It's going to be quite the show! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment