Monday, August 31, 2009

#27 Otters


This month was social activism month for the Fiesta Movement. I chose The Otter Project to spend the day with and give a $500 donation check to. Hilary and I drove up to Monterey to meet with Allison from The Otter Project. We interviewed her and then she took us to see wild sea otters at Moss Landing. Allison was also able to get us passes to the Monterey Aquarium. It is supposedly one of the best aquariums in the country. It was very crowded, but had some great exhibits. After the aquarium I was interviewed by the local news. Please check out the video I created and learn about how you can help California sea otters!

Mission 4 - The Otter Project



I had my last day of my Fox internship last week. It was very sad and I will really miss my Fox family - Chrissy, Bill, and Andrea. I got to spend my last day at the All About Steve Premiere. I got to see Sandra Bullock, Bradley Cooper, George Lopez, and others. It was a great way to end my time at Fox. I really recommend the Fox internship program for anyone trying to break into the entertainment business.




Some recent movies I've seen are District 9, Inglorious Bastards, The Time Traveler's Wife, Avatar 15 minute sneak peek, The Proposal, Paper Heart, and The Hurt Locker.

I really enjoyed District 9! I've been calling it this generation's ET, but do not be fooled by that statement. It is not all happy and cute aliens running around. The aliens very creepy and the story line is very gruesome. The film did a great job mixing a documentary style with the live action story. It seemed very real, even with CG aliens. I was very impressed.


Now if you go see District 9 and you think that was gory - you won't last a second in Inglorious Bastards. It was a typical Quentin Tarantino film. I thought a lot of scenes could have been shortened dramatically, but Brad Pitt kept your eyes glued to the screen. Except for the times that you have to turn your head and cover your eyes in disgust. I think the only reasons I liked it as much as I did were 1. Brad Pitt and 2. they were killing Nazis.




The Time Travelers Wife was exactly what I thought it was going to be. They put the perfect amount from the book, so the audience wasn't completely confused. I was not the hugest fan of the book, but the film did a good job summing it up. I don't think Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana had good chemistry. Another movie that had issues with love chemistry was The Proposal. I thought it was a very cute movie, but it was not believable that Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock were falling in love. They both did a good job in their individual roles and I laughed more than I thought I would.


All I'm going to say about Avatar is that I hope it isn't a complete disappointment. The pictures I saw everyday at 20th Century Fox were absolutely stunning, so I hope it lives up to the hype - at least for James Cameron's sake.


As for Paper Heart it was a "wait for video." I love Charlyne's awkwardness, but it just wasn't enough to make it an interesting film. I thought all the excitement over The Hurt Locker was overrated. Maybe it's better on the big screen because I watched it at home. I thought the bomb aspect was nerve-racking, but there was absolutely no character development which just made it depressing. But I guess war is depressing. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment