Monday, March 22, 2010

#31 Sundance/Evolution

Man this year has started off with a BANG!

Before I get started please check out the FORD FIESTA advertisement I am in! It is now airing as an ad on Hulu and hopefully will make it to TV! It's amazing! I can't wait to get my Fiesta back!

Ford Fiesta Commercial

First things first... Sundance! I had the amazing opportunity to go to the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. I had never been to this festival before and couldn't believe that LitPost was going to take me along for the ride! As I mentioned before LitPost had worked on 2 films that were headed to Sundance: "Frozen" and "The Perfect Host." For those of you who don't know Sundance takes place in Park City, Utah. When we arrived there I felt like I just walked into my mom's snow village that she puts out every Christmas.

It is definitely one of the cutest town's I have ever seen. Out of all the films I saw that week, I am still proud to say that the 2 we worked on were the best - and I would have no problem admitting defeat. There was a lot of competition and I wish I could have seen them all! While I was there I also was given a free L'Oreal makeover and was interviewed by The Sundance Channel. A day after I put up this blog the GM of the Sundance Channel had read my blog and found the L'Oreal advertisement that I was in! Anita, one of the producers, contacted me to with the link. They shared it with me so I get to share it with you! Here it is!

Sundance Channel L'Oreal Beauty Ad

I went to plenty of films, but I soon found out that Sundance is one of the greatest spots for networking. I'm sure people go there just for the parties! The party atmosphere was nonstop and around the clock! Lucky for us we had no problem getting into some of the hottest spots! Each event was completely different which made it that more fun! I didn't have to pay for a drink the whole trip because it was all open bar. Some of the celebrities I saw at these parties: Orlando Bloom, America Ferrera, Adrian Brody, Gerard Butler, Kevin Connolly, Harvey Weinstein, and Elijah Wood.

After Sundance, Frozen was distributed by Anchor Bay Films to a limited number to theaters across the country. However, it did not do well enough to expand to more theaters. I was able to see it again on the big screen in LA. It was amazing to see my first on screen credit! That was one of the best feelings ever - which just verified my love for this business! Make sure you keep a look out for it when it comes out on DVD. It will definitely make you question your love for skiing! It is a really great film and I wish it would get the recognition it deserves!

When I came back from Sundance I was offered a job at Evolution Entertainment/Twisted Pictures. Evolution Entertainment is the management side of the company and Twisted Pictures is the production side! Twisted is best known for the SAW franchise! This company is vastly growing, which will allow me to learn and grow as well. I am filled with excitement about my new position, however I will miss the guys at LitPost. LitPost was a great first job to have out here in LA. I will forever be grateful for their kindness and guidance.

As for our production company, Little Spoon Productions just entered our first contest of the new year. FedEx is launching a new campaign called Think FedEx First and they reached out to the viewers to create videos with this theme. Our company created 2 campaigns for this idea.

"All the Small Things"


"FedEx Guys"



You can easily connect to this website using facebook if you want to "Like" or comment on our content! We are thrilled with these spots that we have created and hope that FedEx likes them too! "All the Small Things" is #1 in popularity out of 153 entries! Wish us luck!

Hope you all had a happy and safe St. Patty's day! My first St. Patty's day in LA was filled with celebrity sitings! I ran into Chris Pine from StarTrek, Kevin Durand who plays Keamy on Lost, AND Mindy Kaling who plays Kelly Kapoor on "The Office!" All sorts of craziness on this green holiday!

Now that I'm all settled in my new job - I will be better at keeping up with my blog! Sorry to keep you waiting!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meg,

    So glad you mentioned Sundance Channel in the post. The GM saw your post and asked me to share the link to the L'Oreal spot you're in.

    Thanks so much for your interview, you were really great and it was a pleasure meeting you.

    Cheers, Anita Allison
    Sundance Channel, BE Producer

    So, without further ado...

    http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1745093298?bctid=67074569001

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Anita! That just made my day! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to send that to me.

    ReplyDelete