Wednesday, May 5, 2010

#32 Wine, Movies, and Beats

Before I start, I must share Little Spoon Productions newest creation! Pantene put together a contest for their new product line. Little Spoon came up with a completely unique concept that we hope will get the Pantene judges laughing. Check them out here...

"Shampoo Heads"
30 second spot

You can connect using facebook to "like it" by clicking the heart on the video. We put a lot of hard work into making these videos. We had a lot of help from our friends who were thankfully willing to look silly out in public. We hope people enjoy watching them! Wish us luck and I'll keep you updated!

We still don't have the final word on FedEx. We unfortunately were not one of the top 3 videos selected, however they are considering buying more videos. We are still keeping our fingers crossed! We are super proud of our FedEx commercial, and either way we have something great to show potential clients. Speaking of clients! Little Spoon might have landed our first client. Nothing is official yet... but if all goes well I will have lots to tell you about in my next blog! Think positive thoughts for us! This could put Little Spoon Productions on the map!

I also wanted to mention a side project that I am helping my friend Brandon Dermer with. He has a huge passion for music and his newest musical venture is Babe Lincoln. You can best describe his beats as electronica dance mixes influenced by 80's pop culture. His debut album is called 8086 and is debuting this summer. You can get a taste at his website http://www.babelincolnbeats.com/ . He will be collaborating with other artists including our favorite YoutTube famous comedian, Jon Lajoie. You may wonder what's my part in all this - well I am none other then the babe of Babe Lincoln. I am featured as his cover art and will be helping him when he gets his show put together.



Alright enough business talk! On Easter weekend my friend Gary invited us up to his place in Santa Barbara. This was my first visit to this beautiful county. I've always wanted to go because if you know me - I'm a huge wine-o! So needless to say he had me at "wine tasting." In one day we went to 3 wine tastings. Two of them were on an actual vineyard, which was just stunning walk around in. Melville Vineyards was my favorite because we had our tasting out on this porch area - sipping wine in the brisk country air. Then we went into this cute little town and visited a wine tasting there called Carivintas Winery. This place was very special to me because they rescue animals as well. They actually put a picture of the animal and their story on the bottle of wine. I had to buy a bottle from here, being the huge animal lover that I am. The rest of the weekend can be related to Hot Tub Time Machine.

Speaking of Hot Tub Time Machine... haha I love how everything in this blog connects. This was a terrible, terrible movie. One 'terrible' just doesn't do it justice. I thought it had its moments - one being when they first realize they've gone back in time and they ask if Michael Jackson is black or white. I thought that was hysterical! However, maybe it's because I'm a girl, I just couldn't get over it's chauvinistic humor. So it doesn't surprise me when a guy tells me that they liked it.


The only good thing about this movie-going experience was that it was at a drive-in! Yes, Hilary and I actually found one about 40 minutes away in Montclair. It is only $7 for two movies! How crazy is that?!?! I didn't think cheap theaters existed anymore. So we saw a double feature of KICK ASS and Hot Tub Time Machine. They even replay the first movie again if you missed it. So it's actually a triple feature for $7! I really enjoyed the movie Kick Ass. I thought it was visually amazing and had a great story. You will instantly be in love with Chloe Moretz and her Hit Girl awesomeness! The theater was great but these were both Rated R movies and you wouldn't believe how many kids under the age of 13 I saw there. They have ratings for a reason. Some parents need to grow up and get a clue. Kids are already growing up too fast as it is.

Just a side note on my life - I have a new roommate now. Dee has moved out and my friend Matt has moved in. Yes, we are now 3 girls and 1 boy. We'll see how this dynamic works! I think it's going to be a lot of fun. I already really enjoy living with him. A year later, our apartment is finally starting to look like a grown-up apartment! We finally have a kitchen table, nice couches, rugs, and a fondue pot! It's all coming together. And the cool thing is that location scouts for movies, tv shows, commercials, and more can choose to use our apartment for their shoots. We had a location scout for Toyota come look at our apartment yesterday for a commercial they are shooting. Hope that pulls through for us!

So that is all for now! I'm going to leave you with a nice picture of me playing around with a Saw prop at work! This is the infamous Bear Claw! I was hoping they'd let me wear it all day at work so I can scare the people who come in for meetings. Unfortunately, it's extremely heavy and pure metal. Oh well I'll just stick to hitting people with a rusty nail baseball bat. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment